Honda is ready to enter the electric vehicle market with its first all-electric SUV, the 2024 Honda Prologue. The Prologue promises to deliver a sporty driving experience, a spacious and tech-rich cabin, and a class-leading standard range rating of 296 miles. The Prologue will start arriving at dealers this spring, priced at $47,400, before any government incentives or tax credits.
What Makes the Prologue Stand Out?
The Prologue is not just another electric SUV. It is a vehicle that reflects Honda’s vision of creating a sustainable, clean-energy future. The Honda Prologue is built on a state-of-the-art electric platform with a sleek and modern design and many features that make it fun, convenient, and safe to drive.
Some of the key features of the Prologue include:
- Google built-in: The Prologue comes with Google built-in, which means you can access Google Maps, Google Assistant, Google Play, and other Google services directly from the 11.3-inch center display. You can also connect your smartphone with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Wireless charging: The Prologue offers a wireless phone charger and a wireless key fob, so you don’t have to worry about cords or batteries. You can also use the HondaLink app to remotely start, lock, unlock, and locate your Prologue and check its battery status and charging schedule.
- Honda Sensing: The Prologue is equipped with a comprehensive suite of Honda Sensing safety and driver-assistive technologies, such as adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, blind spot steering assist, parking assist, and more. The Prologue also features a head-up display that projects important information on the windshield, such as speed, navigation, and alerts.
- Bose Premium Audio System: The Prologue lets you enjoy your favorite tunes with the Bose Premium 12 Speaker Audio System, which delivers crisp and clear sound quality. You can also access Sirius XM satellite radio, HD radio, and Bluetooth streaming audio.
- Leather-trimmed interior: The Prologue offers a luxurious and comfortable interior, with leather-trimmed seats, heated and ventilated front seats, a heated steering wheel, a 10-way power driver seat, and a dual-zone automatic climate control. The Prologue also has a generous cargo space of 33.9 cubic feet, which can be expanded to 68.7 cubic feet by folding the rear seats.
How Does the Prologue Perform?
The Honda Prologue is powered by a single front motor, producing 212 horsepower and 236 pound-feet of torque. The Prologue also offers an optional all-wheel drive system, adding a second rear motor, boosting the total output to 288 horsepower and 306 pound-feet of torque. The Prologue can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in about 7 seconds and has a top speed of 112 mph.
The Prologue has a 77 kWh battery pack, which gives it an EPA range rating of 296 miles on a full charge. The Prologue can be charged using a Level 2 charger, which takes about 8 hours to fully charge the battery, or a DC fast charger, which can provide about 65 miles of range in 10 minutes. The Prologue also comes with Honda Smart Charge, which automatically determines the best and most cost-efficient time to charge the vehicle based on your driving patterns and electricity rates.
The Honda Prologue has a multi-link front and rear suspension, which provides a smooth and stable ride. The Prologue also has a regenerative braking system, which recovers energy from braking and deceleration, and a selectable drive mode system, which lets you choose between Normal, Sport, and Eco modes, depending on your driving preferences.